Blender development updates, 3D printing talk, VR, Agent 327, Blender Cloud news, living in Amsterdam and much more in episode 25 of the Blender Institute Podcast!
- 01:20 - Blender Store spring cleaning
- 02:05 - Blender Community job offers
- 04:05 - Development news
- 05:25 - Pole Merging is now in Master
- 06:45 - New Features in 2.78
- 08:50 - Bendy Bones
- 15:08 - Work on the 2.8 Branch
- 16:40 - Google Summer of Code projects
- 17:10 - Layer management
- 18:40 - 3D Printing at the Blender Institute
- 29:00 - Hjalti talks about Agent 327 Story reel updates
- 35:20 - Agent character texturing by Andy
- 41:20 - Techniques for stop motion style rendering of 3D models
- 44:08 - Blender Cloud feature updates
- 44:50 - Introducing private texture collections
- 46:00 - Pablo's talks user experience on the Cloud
- 50:55 - Integrating production workflows and shot management
- 52:16 - Upcoming texture packs
- 52:40 - Q&A
- 53:25 - New Depsgraph is in Master (and how to enable it)
- 54:39 - How likely is a model library on the Blender Cloud?
- 56:50 - Where can I get a customisable character rig?
- 58:00 - How is it to migrate to and live in Amsterdam?
- 1:02:30 - Life outside the Blender Studio
In this podcast: Hjalti, Francesco, Andy, Pablo
Music: Blabetté de Metz (Psy-Jazz Mix) - (cc-by-nc) keytronic
Leave your questions for next week!