Mar 8th 2021 | Sprite Fright
A gift of snails, spiders and bugs: final sculpted/retopologized character files to download. Talking of bugs: what if spiders collaborated? And what kind of web would they build? Plus: the finale to a nine part series on retopology, and more moss shading magic with Geometry Nodes.
The last character tasks for me were wrapped up. I did and finished the sculpt and retopology of the chunky snail live on YouTube. The rest of the animal characters were retopologized as well and are ready for fur...ther rigging & shading. To put a nice bow on top I am also uploading all the .blend files for the characters that I created. Show more
The work on the "Whack-a-mole" set continues. I detailed the tree trunks and joined the roots to them. The trees are now set up with branches and a lower canopy (only modeled what is seen from the camera perspective). Some assets have already been scattered and there is preliminary shading, but that's the plan for the coming week(s)!
I worked on designing the spider webs and the general mood and composition of the set.
Continuing the previous week's timelapse of Sprite's head and torso, and Sprite's eyes the week before last, this week concludes Sprite's retopology with a 9-part timelapse series finale.
This week I integrated the color library I showed last week into the shaders of the characters, did a first shading pass on our snail character and re...ndered out Rik's pose for Ellie. Other than that I also spent some time on fixing some pipeline related issues and finishing up a nice sample file for geometry nodes. Show more
Last week I started on a test shot with Ellie. This shot will ultimately end up in the movie, however the voice of Ellie is still a temporary one. But in order to find her character I found it's a good time to see her moving ...and acting so we all get a sense of who she is and who she could be. Next to that I tested a bunch of animal rigs, including the spider that will be cute in the beginning and evil towards the end. Show more
this week I worked on some bird shots, trying to define the movement
This week was full of miscellanea like some snail feedback, vicky hair particle troubleshooting, pipeline addon troubleshooting, boring paperwork and other fun stuff, but most importantly, I rigged a li'l Spider!