Apr 26th 2021 | Sprite Fright
The Sprite village begins its transformation from 2D concept to 3D locale. Sprite facial hair is retopologized -- from beards to moustaches. Spidery stuff: a sprite rides a spider, and webs plaster an important set. And see below for a lookdev test of the film’s first shot.Watch the video
This week I mainly worked on the Sprite Village Set. The general blocking is done with some adjustments to existing assets and now it gets more into making the assets work better together and working out the ground.
Completed retopology on Elder Sprite. Maintained some consistency within the Sprite species. Finalized head, beard, teeth, inner mouth, eyebrows, mustache, and rig helpers. Ready for the next steps.
Since animation ramps up pretty soon, three new sets are being prepared for the following scenes: 060_scratch, 070_homerun and 100_haircut. In addition to that, I continued rendering shots from 110_rextoria as animation gets updated and did a few random lookdev tests!
This week animation team continue working on their shot on the rextoria sequence
I spent last week mostly animating shots on the rextoria sequence, you can check them out on Pablo's post. But i managed to squeeze out a quick walkcycle of the spider and sprite together inbetween.
I added a new feature to the `Grease to Mesh` addon that we need for the smear frames and started covering the whackamole set in spiderwebs.Otherwise I was quite busy with other things outside the project that were popping up this week, like Blender development and a promotional render for the announcement of Cycles X.