May 31st 2021 | Sprite Fright
An early piece of Concept Art comes to life in 3D: Vivien’s image of the teens meeting Elder Sprite. Julien works on asset scattering, and simple props. One of the film’s most important sequences gets a lighting pass. Retopology is completed on Jay. Plus rigging work on Victoria's eyebrows and Elder Sprite's face. And another action-filled moment gets animated.
This week I was doing much more set work to wrap up the Sprite Village work. Only some tasks are left for me now. Other than that I made some minor props for the Sprite Village sequence such as pine cones, flowers and leafes.
Lighting and rendering the two scenes 070_homerun and 110_rextoria was my primary focus this week. Together they consist of around 24 shots of varying complexity. Currently they are both getting various updates to improve the (lighting) continuity and set dressing.
Completed retopology on Jay. Finalized hair, hat, pants, shoes. Ready for the next steps; rigging, surfacing, grooming.
Rik and I finished up rextoria scene!!!
This week I helped put out a fire on Victoria's eyebrows, continued work on Elder Sprite's face rig, and made some updates to the code and documentation of some of the addons I've made in early pre-production, which are now finally seeing some use.
This week was unfortunately taken up mostly by chasing issues and bugs, to make sure that things are working. I implemented a user interface for the override system that I mentioned last week and integrating it into our pipeline and making sure that the underlying system is working properly took some additional effort.