Jul 5th 2021 | Sprite Fright
The last parts of retopology are completed. Plus much work on the film's opening shots, bringing them closer and closer to their finished state. Effects, especially hairspray effects, were added. And not one but two production lessons: how to animate an impact shot, and a lesson devoted to those aforementioned hairspray effects.
With all the character models now completed, my focus this week was on creating some props. Modeled the 'bloody shoe' inspired by the classic '80s Ree...bok high top, Phil's BBQ 'lighter fluid', and the chomped-on 'snail leaf'. All have been approved and are ready for the next steps! Show more
I worked on some additional sets that are only necessary for single shots in the beginning. Some more adjustments to previous set were also done. A lot of propos were also finished and handed over to rigging and sh...ading while the library of trash assets still needs to be finalized. Show more
This week was mostly about effects. I did the hairspray effects for the spray sequence and made a lot of progress on the melting sprite effects. Other than that I worked together with Andy on the lookdev for Elder ...Sprite and I still had a lot of discussions about the geometry nodes design, following last week's node workshop here in Amsterdam. Show more
Monica Eggert Roig
Hey!! This week Gerard and I are continuing with "Nightfall" sequence, and we're almost there!! We are having so much fun with this one, so we hope you like it :D
This week we continue on finishing up the animation of the 'Drown' sequence. Next to that, I've been doing an animation demo on how to animate a simple shot.
Beard time! Apart from doing an initial lighting on 040_nightfall and 130_snacks, I also worked on Elder Sprite's fluffy beard.
This week I haven been assigned to place and pose the sprites and little creatures in the village. I've started by placing them in the scene based on a sketch that Matthew made. I also added extra props that were needed. After that I started posing and grouping all Sprites in little groups. It's real fun making all these little scenes with 1 big scene.
This week the animation team almost finished snack sequence and I managed to get started on yew before the week finished.
Prop rigs! They actually take very little time, and the majority of this week was spent massaging every vertex of Phil's big beautiful body, and I also snuck in some time for CloudRig code quality improvements.
This week, my goal was to finish the lighting for the Spray sequence and start with the Nightfall sequence. Aside from lighting shots I have created a freshly baked set of packaging labels.