Follow the latest updates and progress on Sprite Fright right here.
calendar_today Apr 12th 2021
This week I spend more time on various assets but mainly the backpack and sleeping bags. I will be able to show more next week.
This week animation team continue working on their shot on the rextoria sequence
This is already the second week of rough lighting on the rextoria scene. Since the animation of these shots is progressing and the sets are being built, we can already start setting up the scene for lighting. Right now I'm focusing on overall mood and style - trying to interpret the color script as good as possible.
A short week with only 3 days for me, and even a solid half of that I spent with poking developers about making Blender gooder, but in the other half worked a bit on Victoria and learned a bunch about the Override system so I can better understand how to troubleshoot and give feedback on it.
This week I did another pass over the spiderweb shading, adjusted some general shading as a result from Andy's shot renderings and did a first test to cover Rex in snails with geometry nodes.
Completed retopology on Victoria's last remaining items, following the items priority list specifically for the Rextoria sequence's big push. Ready for the next steps.
calendar_today Apr 5th 2021
Intimidating teeth, smugger snails, and maximum fuzz for spider webs. Also: the difficulties of rigging clothes, evil eyebrows, fancy scripting, plus a funny/horrific demise (and, yeah, that’s a spoiler).
This week I worked on various assets like Sprite teeth shapes and props but mainly I was occupied with Blender development.
This week was split between working on CloudRig, addressing feedback and new features on the Sprite, and then getting started with rigging Victoria (neck down).
This is the updated week version of the rextoria sequence
Completed Victoria's hair and eyes, upper body is in progress. Created Sprite's alternate 'evil eyebrows'.
This week I looked into the spiderweb in terms of material and shading for additional layers to make it more dimensional and fluffy. Also I created procedural variations for the salty snacks with geometry nodes to g...ive some some variety, as there are going to be several of them in single shots. Show more
Last week was mostly animating on shots in the rextoria sequence. These updates are included in the edit uploaded by Pablo Fournier. Next to that I tested some sprite expressions that you can check here. Matthew dec...ided to add 'sharp' teeth to the sprites to add to the scary look of these evil creatures. Show more
Final paintwork on the Sprite village got done and a quick prop design got added to the pile of prop designs ready to go further down the pipeline