Have you ever wanted to get started with character animation? Using Blender? Keep reading.
The animation team at Blender Animation Studio is producing a “learn by example” course that will gradually introduce you to the core principles of character animation, starting from a simple bouncing ball, all the way up to full-featured character acting.
Here is an overview of the training. Each topic will be presented as a walkthrough of a fully animated shot, where the animator will break down the key steps of the animation process. The source files for each step will be available along the video.
- Introduction to the training
- Principles of Animation
- Workflow and Terminology
- Bouncing Basics (Simple Bouncing Ball, Sideways Bouncing Ball)
- Drag And Follow Through, Single swing
- Creating Personality, Single jump
- Walking Biped, Walking vanilla
- Basic Body Mechanics, Jump
- Advanced Body Mechanics, Weight shift
- Character Pantomime, Walking
- Character Acting
This is an ever-expanding training, expect more chapters and examples to be added in the future!