Released in 2008. This classic training by William Reynish covers all aspects of computer-based character animation including workflow, acting, posing, keyframes, weight, walks & runs and overlapping action, through a series of video tutorials that are easy to follow and allow you to stop and start playback whenever you want.
The training has the following chapters:
- Blender 101, a great introduction to Blender (old, based on 2.47, but some concepts are the same)
- Workflow, overview of the process of animation.
- Rattline Bones, introduction to the free rigs.
- Get in Role, about rigging.
- Acting for Animators, learn how to make characters come alive.
- Posing, tips for sketching and planning.
- Keys and Breakdowns, about key frame managing.
- Weight, making your character more believable.
- Walk in the Park, walkcycle techniques.
- Run! Running cycles tips.
- Arc Enemy, learn to polish animation using arcs.
- Flip-Flop, getting rid of the robot-feel using overlapping actions.
- The Big Picture, a recap of all techniques.
Character Animation DVD (2008)
Released in 2008. This classic training by William Reynish covers all aspects of computer-based character... read moreGroup · 09 Aug 2016 byPablo Vazquez
13. The Big Picture
This is a recap of all the techniques. Here you can see a complete animation shot being constructed form start... read moreVideo · 02 Nov 2016 byPablo Vazquez
09. Walk in the Park
A good place to start animating is with a walk. Many believe walk cycles are hard. This video makes it easy, and fun! Running time: 16 minVideo · 02 Nov 2016 byPablo Vazquez
07. Keys and Breakdowns
Managing keyframes can quickly get out of hand. Here are some tips on how to make the complicated simple, as... read moreVideo · 02 Nov 2016 byPablo Vazquez
05. Acting for Animators
Animation is all about acting. Learn how to make your character come alive, and how to use videos of yourself to help. Running time: 8 minVideo · 02 Nov 2016 byPablo Vazquez