Spring is the story of a shepherd girl and her dog, who face ancient spirits in order to continue the cycle of life. This poetic and visually stunning short film was written and directed by Andy Goralczyk, inspired by his childhood in the mountains of Germany.
The Spring team used the development version of Blender 2.80 for the entire production, before the software was in official Beta even. As for all of Blender’s Open Movies, the entire production process and all its source files are being shared on the production platform Blender Cloud.
- Director: Andy Goralczyk.
- Producer: Francesco Siddi
- Executive producer: Ton Roosendaal
- Music: Torin Borrowdale
- Sound: Sander Houtman
- Concept art: David Revoy
- Animation director: Hjalti Hjalmarsson
- Modeling and shading: Julien Kaspar
- Animation Ignaci Conesa, Nathan Dillow, Pablow Fournier
- Rigging Juan Pablo Bouza
- Lighting and effects Pablo Vazquez, Sam Van Hulle
- Software and Pipeline Brecht van Lommel, Jacques Lucke, Jeroen Bakker, Sergey Sharybin, Sybren Stüvel, Tobias Johansson
- rendering IT4INNOVATIONS VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Made by: Blender Animation Studio.
Format: 3D animated film, 7:44 minutes. 5.1 sound. No dialogs. Fit for an audience of 6 years and older (PG). Everything you see was made with Blender, GIMP and Krita.
The Spring Open Movie is released un the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. This includes all the data we publish on this website. If any content on this site is not licensed as such, it will be clearly indicated.
In short, this means you can freely reuse and distribute this content, also commercially, as long you include proper attribution.
The attribution is (if not specifically mentioned otherwise):
© Blender Foundation | cloud.blender.org/spring
Excluded from the Creative Commons license is: all logos on this website (including the Blender logo, Spring logo, Creative Commons logo) and associated trademarks. Also excluded is material that’s clearly not produced by the Spring project, such as magazine covers.
For questions about licensing rights for Spring content you can email: francesco at blender.org.